· 8-10 small eggplants/ baingan /brinjal
· 2tsp. of Amchoor powder
· 1 tsp. of Salt
· 1 tsp. of turmeric powder
· 1 tsp. of red chili powder
· ½ tsp. of cumin powder
· 2 Medium Onions chopped vertically
· Make a small cut vertically in the eggplants/ brinjal / baingan so that you can fill with spices.
· Mix all the spices in a bowl and fill in eggplants with butter knife, just leave 1 teaspoon of spices for onions.
· Keep eggplants aside for at least one hour.
· After the Onions have turned golden brown sprinkle blend of same spices over it and take them out.
· In the same skillet add eggplants one by one. Don’t overcrowd the skillet, cook them in two batches. Turn them upside down to have golden brown color on both sides.
· Now take a tray and place all the onions on that and then put your eggplants over the bed of onions or mix them altogether and serve in individual bowls.