- 2 cups of Boiled Rice
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- Salt Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Peas
- In a non stick skillet/pan add 2 tbs. of olive oil and add cumin seeds.
- As soon Cumin seeds splutter add salt and pepper and peas.
- When the peas turn little brown add boiled Rice to it. Make sure there is no water left in boiled rice before you add this to the pan.
- Your pulao is ready.
For Marinating Chicken:-
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 Jalapeno/green chili sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon red chili flakes or powder
- ¼ cup of Yoghurt/Curd
- 3 tsp. of Lime Juice
- 2 tsp of fresh chopped cilantro/dhaniya
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- In a zip lock bag or plastic container marinate the chicken breasts with all the ingredients from 4-24 hrs. and keep them aside in fridge.
- For cooking, take out marinated chicken from fridge 20 minutes before cooking, so that it comes down to room temperature.
- Spray some olive oil in non stick skillet or two tsp. of oil and turn the heat onto medium high.
- When the pan turn hot add your chicken breasts without marinating liquid.
- Let the chicken cook each side to 5-8 minutes each or till it turns golden brown without flipping in between.
- In the mean time, on low heat add leftover marinating sauce and reduce it till it is thick. this marinating sauce will be our gravy for our chicken and rice.
- Take one lime or lemon zest and add to your reducing sauce.
Serve hot and crispy Chicken breasts with Rice Pulao and garnish chicken breasts with the marinating sauce turned gravy with any kind of roasted vegetables on sides.