A very easy homemade Indian Dessert with a fancy name. A special dish for all Sweet tooth people. If you make with zero calorie sugar and Skimmed Milk then it will be low calorie dessert:).Everyone is so fascinated with this name and they think it’s too difficult to make but with this recipe you can make and serve in just a very less time with very few ingredients.
· One liter Milk (low fat/Skim Milk)
· Cardamom/Eliachi seeds powder
· 1 ½ cup Sugar (Zero Calorie)
· A few saffron strands (10) soaked in 1 cup of water.
· ½ cup almonds grated
· 2 tsp. condensed milk (low fat)
· One big whole lemon or 4 tsp. of fresh lemon liquid
· ¼ cup sliced Almonds/badaam
· few drops of Kewra liquid
1) Pour the milk in a pan and keep it in medium low.
2) Add sugar, cardamom powder, grated almonds mixture.
3) When milk is ready to boil add saffron water along with saffron strands.
4) Boil the milk and separate it in two portions.
5) Separate 1/4 cup milk from the pan and heat separately in low flame.
6) Add condensed milk till the milk thickens.
7) Cool down the milk and refrigerate it.
8) To the rest of the milk (3/4 portion), add lemon. After milk is all curdled up and is all separated from water, sieve the cheese and take out in an oven tray.
9) Place the cheese in the oven for 15 minutes 350 degrees or less depends on oven to oven (cheese should not change brown color).
10) Take out the cheese and rest it for 10 mins till it cools down, then cut the cheese in circles with help of cookie cutter or any round shape cutter.
11) Put 1-2 drops of Kewra liquid on each and every cheese balls and refrigerate them for an hour.
Serve in Individual Bowls with thickened milk and garnish with few saffron strands and chopped almonds.