An Indian Dessert served in many ceremonies.A special dish for all Sweet tooth people.If you make with zero calorie sugar and Skimmed Milk then it will be low calorie..dessert:)
· One litre Milk (low fat/Skim Milk)
· Cardamon/Eliachi seeds powder
· 1 ½ cup Sugar (Zero Calorie)
· 2 bread slices (wheat)
· 1/2 cup condensed milk or use Half and Half(low fat)
· Faluda / Bean Thread Noodles(can easily get these white thread noodles from an Asian Store for 1-2 $)
· 1 cup Almonds/badaam
· ¼ cup pista
· A few safforn strands
· Kewra liquid
· Heat 1 cup Thread Noodles in microwave with ¼ water with 2 tsp. sugar and
1 tsp. kewra liquid.
· When Noodles are softened,cool it down and refrigerate it till Rabri is ready.
· Discard crusts from bread slices.
· Grind these slices in a processor and prepare fresh bread crumbs.
· Boil milk in a pan by simmering in low flame.
· Add bread crumbs, condensed milk and sugar altogether.
· Simmer on a medium flame, stir continuously for about 10 minutes.
· Remove from the fire.
· Add safforn and cardamon powder and mix well.
· Keep it in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
· Rabri is ready to serve,take out the cold Faluda.
Serve in Individual Bowls with few saffron strands and kewra drops, chopped Almonds and Pista and Faluda.
Hope you will enjoy cooking as i did with my hubby :) as this one his favt ...