This one I learned when I was in Germany. I was there during Wheinnacten / Christmas, when everyone was preparing such tasty cakes. I learned this from my friend Ella, this is her family recipe. Hope you also enjoy as I do.
1. 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 cup chopped golden raisins
3. 1 cup of green kishmish (raisins)
4. ½ cup of cranberries
5. 1 ½ cups of chopped walnuts
6. ½ tsp of salt
7. 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple jam
8. ¼ cup grated orange and lemon peels
9. ¼ cup orange juice
10. 5-8 packets artificial sweetener (as per taste)
11. 1 tsp baking soda
1. Mix sugar substitute with orange juice. Pour over chopped cranberries. Soak 1 hour, mixing often.
2. Mix raisins, nuts, lemon orange peel and pineapple jam mix it in the flour until well coated.
3. Add the cranberries and orange juice mixture.
4. Sprinkle baking soda over mixture, and mix.
5. Fold in the mixture well don’t stir. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
7. Cool and serve with fresh strawberry or raspberry syrup or just plain with tea or coffee.
8. For syrup you can crush the frozen raspberries or strawberries and boil them sugar and water. For every cup of berries add ½ cup of sugar and 2 glass of water. After the mixture is thickened or turned syrupy, strain it and cool down the syrup. You can use this over pancakes, bread, cakes or salads.-Chitra