1. ½ kg small purple baingan / eggplants
2. 2 big onions chopped vertically
3. Salt to taste
4. 2 tsp of red chili powder
5. 1 tbsp of mango / amchoor powder
6. 2 tsp of turmeric powder
7. 2 tsp of coriander powder
8. 2 tsp of cumin powder
1. After washing the baingan thoroughly pat dry them with kitchen cloth.
2. Cut the baingan stems and make two cuts cross wise for filling.
3. In a bowl add salt, red chili powder, turmeric, amchoor, coriander, cumin powder and mix it well with spoon.
4. Now fill in all the baingans with the masala and keep them aside for 30 minutes at least.
5. In the mean time in a non stick pan add 1 tbsp of oil and add onions to it.
6. When the onions are caramelized take it out from the pan.
7. In the same pan add all the baingans carefully with 2 tbsp of oil. Fry them until turned soft and changed color.
8. Now place the onions in serving bowl and then add the baingans on the bed of onions.
9. Serve hot with rice, or chapatti’s-Chitra