1. Maida / All purpose Flour – 60 g
2. Salt a pinch
3. 2 tbsp Ghee
4. Water to make dough
5. 2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
6. ¼ teaspoon jeera / cumin seeds
1. 2 medium boiled potatoes
2. ½ cup peas
3. ¼ teaspoon haldi/turmeric powder
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 teaspoon ghee
6. 1 chopped green chili
7. 2 tbsp of cashew nuts / kaju and kish mish / raisins
8. Oil to fry
1. Sieve maida and mix salt and ghee into it.
2. Make stiff dough by adding water, cover with damp cloth and keep aside.
3. Cut the boiled potatoes in bite size pieces or mash as desired.
4. Heat little oil in non stick pan and add onions to it. When the onions turn golden brown add peas and potatoes and dry spices/masala. Switch off the heat and let it cool.
5. Now add cashew nuts and raisins to it and mix well.
6. Make walnut size balls of the dough. Roll them out thinly cut into halves. Make cone shapes and fill 1 tbsp of stuffing in each.
7. Seal the edges carefully and keep them aside till the oil is ready to fry.
8. Fry in hot till golden brown.
9. Let them cool for 5 minutes and serve with tomato chutney or mint chutney.
You can also make this with minced meat or chicken.