1. ½ cup of granulated sugar
2. ½ cup of brown sugar
3. ½ cup of peanut butter (chunky optional)
4. ¼ cup of shortening
5. ¼ cup butter softened
6. 1 egg
7. 1 ¼ cup of all purpose flour
8. ¾ tsp baking soda
9. ½ tsp baking powder
10. 1 cup of sliced almonds
11. ¼ tsp salt
1. Mix wet ingredients peanut butter, shortening and egg and butter in a bowl.
2. In a bigger bowl add sugar, salt and flour and almonds.
3. Add baking powder and baking soda into the dry ingredients.
4. Now mix all wet ingredients in dry ingredients, add slowly and mix well.
5. Form the dough, cover it and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Take the dough in 1 tsp of round spoon and keep dropping on ungreased cookie sheet.
8. After all the balls are made, flatten with fork in crisscross pattern.
9. Bake the cookies for about 9 – 10 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
10. Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet.
11. Store in air tight containers and serve with milk, tea or coffee