1. 200 gms of adraak peeled and chopped in thin slices
2. 200 gms of paneer
3. 2 big onions with 2 cloves of garlic grated
4. 3 medium tomatoes grated with 2 green chilies and 1 tbsp of coriander / dhaniya leaves
5. 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
6. ½ tsp of turmeric powder
7. Salt and Red chili powder to taste
8. 1 tsp of coriander powder
9. ½ cup of lemon juice
11. 1 tsp of poppy / sarso seeds
12. 1 tsp of cumin seeds
1. In a non stick pan add 1 tsp of oil; add cumin seeds, poppy seeds. When they crackle turn off the gas and pinch of salt and red chili powder.
2. In a grater add this mixture and add lemon juice. Mix it well till the mixture is well blended.
3. Now dip all the ginger slices in this lemon mixture and marinate it for 10-12 hrs minimum and 1-2 days. This can be used as Aachaar /pickle also with hot parantha’s or puri’s.
1. In a non stick pan add 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add coriander.
2. Add Onions and cook them until caramelized.
3. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
4. Add salt, red chili and turmeric powder
5. Cook on simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Now add the 2-3 tbsp of ginger slices marinated before with some juice.
7. Turn off the heat and add paneer cubes let it cook with lid on.
8. Garnish with ginger slices and serve.-Chitra