I learnt this one in India from my sister in law. But I have done lil bit variations in it :-), by using Buttermilk and no pakoras (for all calorie conscious people). Usually people make it with Curd.
1. 1 Pint Buttermilk
2. 2 cups of Besan/ Chickpea flour
3. 2 roughly chopped onions
4. Salt to taste
5. 2 tsp of red chili powder
6. 2 tsp. of amchoor
7. 1 tsp. of turmeric/haldi
8. 1 tsp. of azwain
9. 2 dry red chili
10. Veg oil
11. 3 cups of Boiled rice.
1. Blend / Mix Buttermilk, Besan, Salt , Chili Powder, Amchoor and Turmeric and keep aside.
2. Add oil in non stick pan.
3. Add azwain and onions.
4. When Onions turn golden brown add the Buttermilk mixture.
5. Simmer it to low heat and constantly stir after 5 mins each .Repeat the process till besan is fully cooked.It can take arround 40-50 minutes.
6. Take another pan and add 2 tsp of oil and add dry red chilli.
7. Take out the kadi in a bowl and add the red chili on top of the kadi and serve hot with Rice or Chapati’s