Monday, February 16, 2009
Poha/ Powa/ Chidwada/ Flattenned Rice :-
From western India, Poha, made from flattened rice, is an easy-to-cook, very nutritious snack. It is often eaten for breakfast or brunch. Add extra zing to Poha by serving it with Vinegar or Mint-Coriander Chutney! My Mom use to make this many times when we were kids, it is loved by all kids and all moms as it is quick lunch meal for their kids.
· 4 cups Flat/Pressed Rice/Chidwada/ ppha mix
· 1 cup Roasted peanuts (without oil)
· Salt & Red chili powder to taste
· 3 tsp. of Vinegar
· 1 cup mix vegetables
· 1 chopped onion
· 1 tsp. of cumin
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· In a non stick flat deep dish pan heat 2 tsp. of oil and add cumin & onion to it.
· When onion turns pink add mix vegetables.
· Till mix vegetables get little fried wash your flat rice and soak for 2 minutes in warm
· After two minutes drain water from flat rice and add with Mix vegetables.
· Now add all dry spices.
· Now in last add peanuts and let all mixture cook till 5 minutes. Just remember this
mixture should have no moisture.
· Now serve hot or cold by garnishing vinegar and Jalapenos (optional)