These Crispy Onion Rings are my favorite. But whenever we order them from our favorite restaurants they are all fried or baked with oil. But these are low calorie, no fried, oven baked without oil Onion rings are so crispy delicious that you can have all without any guilt. Enjoy guys..
1. 1 large Onion sliced in rings ½ inch each
2. 1 cup of bread crumbs
3. 1 cup of baked pita chips or nacho chips
4. ½ tsp of red chili flakes
5. ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour – 1/2 cup dry and 1 cup mixed with water to make a thick paste
1. Preheat the oven at 425 F.
2. Take the onion rings and separate they put them in brown grocery bag or ziplock bag.
3. Put the ½ cup of flour and little salt and cayenne pepper in the brown bag. Shake the bag very well so that onion rings are dusted/ coated with flour.
4. In another tray make the wet ingredient (flour and water) with no lumps.
5. In a chopper machine add bread crumbs, chips and cayenne pepper, salt and red chili flakes.
6. Run the machine so that it mixes well and turn into very smooth dry mixture. Put this in different tray.
7. Now take out the onion rings and dust the extra flour.
8. Keep them in baking sheet and pick them one by one now with tongs, dip them in the wet flour mixture and then dip at last in bread crumbs mixture.
9. Make sure all sides of onion rings are covered with bread crumbs.
10. In a baking sheet lay the aluminum foil so that onion rings do not stick to the sheet. Start layering the onion rings on it.
11. Bake them till golden brown. It took 20-25 minutes depending on different ovens and their temperature.
12. Serve them hot with mustard sauce and ketchup or lemon wedges. There is no oil, they are not fried so enjoy them without any guilt.