1. Cut Kathal / Jackfruit in small bite size pieces around 2 cups.
2. 1 ½ onion chopped in chopper
3. 1 tsp. of Garlic minced
4. 3 tbsp. of Oil
5. Salt to taste
6. 1tsp of Turmeric powder
7. ½ tbsp of red chili powder
8. 1 ½ cup of tomato puree
9. 3 tbsp of tomato ketchup
10. 1 red chili raw
11. 2 tejpata / Bay leaves
12. 2 tsp of sugar
Tip: - If you cut the jackfruit at home wear gloves or oil your hands as your hands might go itchy after cutting.
1. In a non stick pan add oil
2. Add red chili, garlic and bay leaves
3. When the aroma of garlic is infused into it and onions.
4. When the mixture turns light brown add jackfruit.
5. Fry them in the same pan with the onions salt, turmeric and red chili powder and sugar.
6. It will take 5-8 minutes; you can add dry spices to it.
7. Now add tomato puree and ketchup. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now add 1 cup of water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
9. It is ready serve to everyone with roti or steamed rice.