- 1 small bag green romaine lettuce hearts or one fresh romaine
- 1 English cucumber, sliced thinly with grater
- 1 cup chopped kalamata/black or green olives
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced vertically
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 firm tomatoes sliced in bite size
- 1 cup baby artichokes in can
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence or Greek seasoning
- 1 pita bread cut them diagonally.
1. Take a small bowl and a whisk for mixing dressing for salad.
2. Add Olive oil and salt and pepper.
3. Mix together and add vinegar and lemon juice slowly keeps on stirring while adding, so that it mixes well.
4. In a large bowl for tossing salad add all the salad ingredients.
5. Chop the romaine, and add to salad bowl.
6. Toss in the cucumber, olives, tomatoes, artichokes and red onion and set aside.
7. Now Add Feta cheese, capers and greek seasoning or herbes de provence and toss well.
8. Pour dressing we prepared earlier over salad and toss well to combine.-Chitra