1. 10-15 desi tomatoes
2. 1 tsp of sugar
3. 1 tbsp of oil
4. 1tsp of cumin / zeera seeds
5. 1 tsp of salt and red chili powder
1. Dice tomatoes in very small pieces or grate them
2. Heat oil in pan
3. When oil is hot drop in cumin seeds
4. When the cumin seeds crackle add tomatoes
5. Let them cook for 5 minutes with lid closed on slow medium heat.
6. Now add sugar and stir well till sugar caramelizes.
7. When sugar is melted well add salt and red chili powder and let it cook until all water is evaporated on slow heat.
8. Serve hot or cold with parantha’s or on bread as a spread.