This semi-homemade biscotti is worth a try. Its amazingly good with coffee and tea or even iced tea.
1. 1 Pack of Brownie Mix (Chocolate Cappuccino)
2. 2 eggs
3. ½ cup of sliced almonds
4. 1 ½ cup of all purpose flour
5. 1 stick i.e. ½ cup of butter or margarine melted (unsalted)
6. ½ cup of chocolate chips (optional)
7. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 350.
2. In a mixing bowl add flour and brownie mix ( I used Archer Farm’s Chocolate Cappuccino flavor with chocolate chips)
3. Add chocolate chips and almonds, sift it.
4. Now in a separate bowl add butter and eggs and whisk.
5. Then add vanilla extract to egg mixture.
6. Now add wet ingredients in dry slowly and mix with hand or mixer.
7. Mix it well to the extent of firm dough.
8. Form it in a ball and cut in two halves.
9. Now take the first half and make it as vertical stick and press it lightly to form a long thin rectangle.
10. Do it for the second and place both of them on baking sheet on the parchment paper or foil.
12. After baking it for 30 minutes remove them from oven and let it cool for 6-8 minutes.
13. Now cut them diagonally for about 1 inch.
14. Place them on the baking sheet again and bake them for another 10 minutes.
15. Now turn off the oven and let the biscotti’s sit there in warm oven for about 30 minutes. This will crisp the biscotti’s.
16. Take them out now, and cool them for 2 hours before serving.
17. Store in air tight container and serve with coffee and milk.