1. 1 cup of mung daal / split green gram lentil soaked for 30 minutes – 1 hour
2. Salt to taste
3. A pinch of turmeric
4. 1 tsp of eno fruit salt (if you cannot find from any Indian store let the batter ferment overnight)
5. 5 green chilies
6. 1 grated reddish with its leaves / mooli
7. ½ cup of chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Grind the soaked daal and make it thick batter add water if it is really thick.
2. Add salt to taste, turmeric and eno while grinding so that it mixes well.
3. In the mean while in a deep dish pan add 3 cups of oil for frying the fritters.
4. Now when the oil is hot take a small ice cream scooper (1 tbsp size) and dip in warm water.
5. Keep on dropping the batter in oil. Do small batches. Keep dipping scooper in warm water in between so that batter does not stick so much.
6. Now dip green chilies in the batter and fry them too.
7. Serve them hot with grated reddish and chopped mint leaves on sides and spicy mint chutney and some sweet chutney.