These spicy, homemade, easy to cook cutlets are so tempting, that you can fall in love with them. You can serve them as party snack instead of those frozen cutlets you buy from market. You don’t need any fancy item here and you can make them as wraps next morning if you have nay leftovers or make extra. Fill them in pita bread with salad leaves and hummus.. Hope you guys enjoy them with your family and friends.
1. 3 Potatoes
2. 1 tsp of anaardana / pomegranate seeds
3. Salt to taste
4. 1 tsp of red chili powder
5. Oil for shallow frying
6. 4 tbsp of dry flour (used whole wheat)
7. 3 tbsp of your favorite pickle (used spicy mango pickle in this recipe)
8. 1 cup of roasted moong daal (used Haldriam Moong daal packet)
9. 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro / dhaniya leaves
1. Boil potatoes and peel them.
2. In one mixing bowl mash potatoes and mix salt, red chili powder, anaardana and mix it well. If you think that mixture is little wet you can add little bit of flour.
3. In another mixing bowl add pickle, cilantro leaves and moong daal and mix it well.
4. Heat oil in a non stick pan.
5. Now start making small balls of potato mixture and flatten them in center.
6. Add mixture of pickle in center and close the cutlet carefully.
7. Now press the cutlet carefully, so that it does not break open. Use dry flour on counter table for this, in this way it will not slip from your hands.
8. Keep making the cutlets and then shallow fry them 4-5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
9. Now in a serving plate place this cutlet in centre, sprinkle cilantro leaves on top and tomato ketchup around the cutlet. Serve hot.-Chitra