Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tip of the Day

 

Chitra Pal Mesh 5

This tip is very useful for Indian people living in US or any other foreign country, and they have Coil burners on their Stoves and like poof up roti / chapatti.

As an Indian, it has been really great living in US, but whenever I use to cook Indian bread (roti/chapatti) I was very frustrated when I had coil burners.in my kitchen stove and I cannot get poof up chapatti and we in our family love poof roti’s..

So I did some research and some time back and got to know that there is a very useful thing for us available in Indian stores. It is called as Wire Mesh and it is usually between $5- $7. These mesh tools are usually in that aisle where all tools and appliances are sold for your kitchen or you can always order online too. I don’t know why I never noticed this before but its never too late.

I was very skeptical buying it first, but then I just thought to give it a try as it is very inexpensive tool for kitchen. I don’t know if you guys have ever seen this or not, but this is usually to broil eggplants in Indian homes where ovens are not available.

So I have been using this since some months, and I am really happy about this. It saves my time and energy making chapatti’s. I think you should definitely try this, it will save your energy and enjoy poof up roti’s

So the steps are just to make your bread/chapatti on normal tawa or griddle and then transfer them to the wire mesh for poof up like shown in picture, just remember to put the wire mesh on rear burner and keep it on high. Use the tings to flip the chapatti and cook on both sides like shown.

 Chitra Pal Mesh 1Chitra Pal Mesh 2Chitra Pal 3Chitra Pal Mesh 4

-Thanks Chitra

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg.. this would be great for my tortillas! lol

Chitra Ahluwalia Pal said...

Thanks Karen, glad it will help you:)