· 2 roughly chopped Onion
· 2 roughly chopped Green bell peppers
· 2 tsp. minced ginger
· 1 small Tomato sauce/paste can
· 3 half hut green chilies
· 1 tsp. red chili powder
· 250 gm. Indian cottage cheese / Paneer
· 2 tsp. of Soy Sauce
· 1 cup roasted peanuts (not fried)
· Cut cottage cheese/ paneer in 1 inch cubes and keep it aside.
· Now take a non stick pan and add ginger to it.
· As soon as Ginger turns pink add Onions.
· While onions turn little bit crisp and pink in color add bell peppers.
· Add Soy Sauce
· Slide down the lid on the pan for five minutes and turn down the heat to low.
· When bell peppers are little soft and crispy add all dry spices.
· Now add Tomato paste.
· Now cook the mixture till 5 minutes with lid down on the pan.
· After cooking whole mixture/masala now add Paneer to this and let it simmer for 5
· Now add roasted peanuts for little crunch
· Garnish with green chilies.
· Serve hot with Naan/Chapatti or Parantha or serve as a snack with drinks.
You can also use Chicken instead of Paneer. Just roast Chicken before and rest of the recipe remians same.
-Chitra Ahluwalia Pal