Today I am sharing my childhood favorite meal which I use to eat outside my school a lot. I am sure many of you will relate to it, who are in India. It is often prepared and served still outside many office buildings also, specially in Connaught place or Chandni Chowk. But as I am not living in Indian anymore so I try and make all those things here so that I can satisfy my cravings. Hope you like this idea and if you do decide to make it, please share with me.
- One can for Garbanzo Beans / Chole ( I used Goya one for 1lb 13 oz), you can use boil beans also.
- One onion chopped finely
- One tomato chopped without seeds
- 2-4green chilies copped finely (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of cilnatro / dhaniya leaves chopped finely
- 3 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Salt and Red chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp. of amchoor ;/ mango powder
- Frozen Haldiaram Kulche (Baked Paneer or Cilantro one)
- Wash beans/ chole under running water in a sifter and transfer in another bowl.
- Microwave them for around 10 minutes with little water, cover with a wet kitchen towel. It is just too make them little more soft and steam them.
- Till then make other ingredients ready and heat the frozen kulche in toaster or oven.
- When the chole are ready cool them for five minutes and strain all water.
- Now add all other ingredients as mentioned above and mix well.
- Serve them with hot kulche and pickle.
- Your quick and healthy lunch is ready. It is very easy for all those working people who want quick home cooked food without mush stress.