A very popular Indian Dish, well known in wedding food or restaurant food. Here is a home made recipe.
1. 1 ½ cups of black whole urad daal soaked and boiled (until soft)
2. 1 ½ tsp of Ginger and Garlic paste
3. Salt to Taste
4. 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
5. ½ tsp of Kasuri Methi
6. ½ tsp. of cream
7. 1 cup of tomato puree
8. Oil and Water
1. In a non stick pan heat 2 tsp of oil on medium heat.
2. Now add Ginger and Garlic paste and kasuri methi
3. When the mixture is well mixed add tomato puree and salt and red chili powder
4. Cook it for 3 minutes and now add daal.
5. Mix well and add 2 cups of water, let it cook for 10 minutes
6. When daal is cooked, garnish with cream and serve hot with naan or chapatti.