These quick and easy Pad Thai noodles are a spicy mix of prawns / shrimps, peanuts and garlic. Ready in just 25 minutes, you can whip this simple Thai recipe up and look like a pro!
1. 175g or 8oz. cooked flat rice noodles in water
2. 31/2 tbsp of any kind of oil
3. 12 large raw prawns/shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail shells left on
4. 2 sliced garlic cloves
5. ½ tsp. of dry red chili or 1 tsp of green chili paste
6. 2 medium beaten eggs without yolk
7. 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
8. Juice of 1 lime and zest of same lemon
9. 1 tbsp Tamarind / Imli paste mixed with 3 tbsp water Optional: 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
10. 1 tbsp light sugar or brown sugar
11. 4 tbsp roasted peanuts
12. 1 cup snow peas
13. 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
14. 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
15. 50g beansprouts
1. Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain and toss with 1/2 tablespoon oil with ½ teaspoon of white vinegar so that noodles do not stick.
2. Make the sauce to add into noodles afterwards. Mix Fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, tamarind paste without water.
3. Now take a large deep frying pan or wok / kadiye with the rest of the oil.
4. Add the prawns and stir-fry for one to two minutes or until they turn pink brown but do not overcook them. Add the garlic and chili paste or dried chili and cook for a further 30 seconds.
5. Pour in the beaten white of eggs and stir-fry until they look scrambled.
6. Now add Spring onions and snow peas.
7. Turn the heat to low and add the noodles and stir them with tongs now till they turn little brown fry color on them now.
8. Add the sauce and toss together for 1-2 minutes until the noodles are cooked and coated with sauce color
9. Now serve them in individual bowls or plates with roasted peanuts, spring onions and bean sprouts.
10. Enjoy the authentic pad Thai and get your children in kitchen by helping you cutting spring onions and garnishing them on top after the noodles have been cooked.
Happy New Year enjoy :)-Chitra