1. 3 cups of fresh green peas
2. 2 cup Makhana
3. 4 Onions grated
4. 4 Tomatoes pureed
5. 1 ½ tbsp of ginger and garlic minced
6. ½ cup of heavy cream
7. 2 cups of milk
8. 1 tsp red chili powder
9. ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi powder
10. ½ tsp of dry pudina / mint leaves
11. 1 ½ cup cashewnuts / kaju chopped in small pieces
12. ½ tsp garam masala
13. 1 tbsp of dhaniya leaves chopped finely
14. 4 tbsp of clarified butter / desi ghee
1. Heat 1tsp of clarified butter in a pan.
2. Fry makahana in the ghee.
3. Heat clarified butter in a pan.
4. Add onion, tomato, garlic, ginger paste and brown it, stirring continuously.
5. Add peas and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add salt, red chili pepper, turmeric and dried pudina leaves and then turn off the gas.
7. To this mixture add makahana and cream.
8. Keep this mixture aside for half an hour.
9. After half an hour put the pan on the flame and add milk. When it comes to a boil add 1 cup of water.
10. Simmer it till the makahana are completely done and soft.
11. Then add cashew nuts and garam masala. After 1 minute put off the flame.
12. Transfer the mixture to a dish and sprinkle some coriander and 1 tsp of clarified butter on it.
13. Serve it hot with nan, roti or parantha.