1. 2 cups of besan ( gram flour)
2. 2 cups of sugar
3. 1 tbsp of saffron soaked in 1 cup of water
4. 2 green cardamom seeds(break it down)
5. 1 cup of toasted almonds and cashews
6. ½ cup of kish mish
7. 1 ½ cup of desi ghee / clarified butter
8. 1 tbsp of rose water
1. In a non stick pan roast the besan until dark orange yellow on medium low heat.
2. Now add ghee and cardamom and roast until brown.
3. Add sugar, and mix it well.
4. Does not increase heat instead reduce it to low heat now and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Now add kishmish and half of cashews and almonds.
6. It’s time to add saffron water along with saffron soaked and additional 2 ½ cup of water. While adding the water stir continuously. Be careful halwa does not stick and cook till it leaves ghee alongside the pan.
7. When cooked turn down the heat and transfer in bowl.
8. Garnish with rose water and rest of almonds and cashews.-Chitra