Kaddu ki sabzi is one of the popular recipes prepared on Navratri
1. ½ kg Kaddu (yellow pumpkin/ sitaphal), peeled and cubed
2. Sendha or normal salt to taste
3. 1tbsp of amchoor / mango powder
4. 1 tsp of turmeric powder
5. 1 tsp of methre / methi ke daane
6. 1 tsp of cumin / zeera seeds
7. 1 tsp of sugar
8. 1 tsp of red chili powder
9. ½ cup of Water
11. 1 tbsp of coriander / dhaniya leaves
1. In a non stick pan or pressure cooker add 2 tbsp of oil
2. Add cumin seeds and methre until they splutter.
3. Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and amchoor powder.
4. Cook for 1 minute and add sugar.
5. Now add pumpkin to it.
6. Cook it for 3 minutes and add water.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes and cook with lid on.
8. Mash the pumpkin and serve hot.
9. Garnish with dhainya leaves or green chilies.