1. 1 cup of uncooked basmati Rice or any long grained rice
2. 1 tsp of garlic salt
3. ½ tsp of ground cumin powder
4. ¼ cup of chopped red onion
5. 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
6. ½ cup of Tomato sauce
7. 3 tbsp of Tabasco hot sauce
8. 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
9. ¼ cup of green peas
10. 1 jalapeno pepper chopped finely
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions and jalapeno and cook until tender.
3. Now add rice, cook by stirring constantly until golden by shaking the pan do not use the any spoon.
4. While Rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
5. Add peas to rice and toss.
6. Stir in tomato sauce and hot sauce.
7. Add vegetable broth or chicken broth.
8. Now bring the rice to boil and then reduce the heat to low. Now cook with a lid on.
9. In between fluff them with fork. It will be ready in 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Serve warm rice on chilled lettuce leaves with a beans and chilled raita.