1. 200 gms of paneer cubed / Indian cottage cheese
2. 2 tbsp of thick curd/ yoghurt / dahi
3. Pinch of turmeric powder
4. ½ tsp of coriander powder
5. ¼ tsp of red chili powder
6. 2 cups of boiled rice
7. 2 tbsp of butter
8. 1 onion cubed
9. 2 tbsp oil
10. Cumin powder to garnish
11. 4 tbsp of lime juice
1. Mix curd with turmeric powder, salt to taste, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, red chili powder, coriander powder
2. Stir it well and then add paneer cubes and onions in it. Marinate it for 3-4 hours minimum.
3. After 3-4 hours take out the cubes and keep it on kitchen towel so that any water content can be removed.
4. Now in a non stick pan add oil and shallow fry the paneer cubes on low heat.
5. After paneer cubes take out all oil and then sauté the onions in same pan.
6. Now mix butter in boiled rice and shake it well or toss with fork.
7. Serve hot paneer with rice and garnish cumin powder and lime juice.-Chitra