In Spain, a tortilla is an omelette of eggs, potatoes, salt and olive oil. Additional ingredients may include peppers, tuna, anchovies, artichokes, asparagus, and cucumber. This is very different from Mexico, where tortilla refers to a flatbread of corn or flour.
1. 500 g (1 pound) potatoes
2. 2 sliced jalapenos
3. 1 small onion diced
4. 1 cup of green capsicum/bell peppers
5. ½ cup of sliced mushroom
6. 4 eggs
8. Olive oil
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
2. Fry them in a frying pan at low heat with enough olive oil to cover the potatoes completely.
3. When the potatoes are soft take them out and add onions, bell peppers and mushroom.
4. Sauté them and cook them for 3 minutes in same pan.
5. Drain them well and mix them with the beaten eggs.
6. Put this mixture in a heavy bottom, non-stick frying pan coated with a very thin film of olive oil, at low heat.
7. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the pan with a pancake turner and shape the edges.
8. After three minutes, add jalapenos on top of it and then invert the tortilla carefully in the pan with the help of a dish or the lid of a pot.
9. Let it cook on the other side in the same way.
10. It must be golden brown outside, well shaped, and juicy in the center.
11. Serve hot with French fries.