I noticed in my pantry that Mango Aachar / Pickle was finished and bottle had some oil left with all masala inside which I never wanted too waste it. So I use this oil to cook aachari aloo. I am sharing this recipe hope you like it.
1. 2 medium potatoes / aloo chopped in 1 inch cubes
2. 1 tsp zeera / cumin seeds
3. 2 green chilies
4. 1 tbsp of leftover sarso oil from aachar bottle
5. Salt and red Chili powder to taste (keep in mind Oil already has chili and salt)
6. 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro / dhaniya leaves
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan. When it turns hot add cumin seeds and green chilies.
2. When cumin /zeera seeds splutter add potatoes / aloo in the pan.
3. Let them cook as well turn into golden brown. Now add salt and red chili powder if you think it is required.
4. Turn down the heat. Sprinkle cilantro / dhania leaves.
5. Serve with hot roti’s and parantha’s.-Chitra