1. 1 big onion chopped
2. 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
3. 30 g of butter
4. 3 garlic cloves minced
5. 2 tsp of thai curry powder
6. 100 ml of dry marsala
7. 100 ml low sodium chicken stock
8. 2 tsp of fish sauce
9. 2 tsp of thai red curry paste
10. 300 ml canned unsweetened coconut milk
11. 500 gms of whole wheat penne pasta
12. 500 gms shrimp deveined
13. 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1. In a non stick pan melt butter with one tsp of olive oil ( so that butter does not burn).
2. Add onion and garlic, when they turn little pink add apples.
3. Sauté until they turn little soft about 4-5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile boil 5-6 glass of water for pasta, add 1 tsp of salt. When water starts boiling add pasta.
5. Stir in curry powder and add marsala.
6. Boil until liquid is slightly reduced and thickened.
7. Add stock, fish sauce and red curry paste.
8. Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced about 5 minutes.
9. Add coconut milk. Simmer until slightly thickened and add shrimps, cook about 3 minutes.
10. Drain the pasta and add in into the sauce pan.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste.
12. Transfer into the serving tray and garnish with fresh basil leaves.-Chitra