This crunchy bean is low in calories and popular throughout India. The plant is extremely hardy and grows easily even in drought-like conditions.
1. 3 ½ cups of chopped gawar fali / cluster beans / kothavarakkais
2. 2 large potatoes chopped in cubes
3. 1 tbsp of cumin / zeera seeds
4. Salt and Red chili powder to taste
5. 1 tsp of turmeric powder
6. ½ cup of water
7. 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1. In a non stick pan add oil
2. Add cumin seeds, when they splutter add salt , turmeric and red chili powder
3. Now add potatoes and beans cook on a low heat.
4. When it is cooked serve hot with roti’s.-Chitra