1. 3 chicken tenders (skinless) chopped in thin slices
2. 1 red chili chopped
3. 2 scallions / green onion chopped finely
4. 1 cup of vertically sliced red and yellow bell peppers
5. ½ cup of shredded cabbage
6. 1 onion (vertically) finely chopped
7. 2 tbsp of garlic minced and ginger minced
8. Salt and pepper to taste
9. 3 tbsp. smooth natural peanut butter
10. 2 tbsp. "light” coconut milk
11. 1 tbsp. lime juice
12. 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
13. 1tbsp of brown sugar
1. In a heated wok add 1 tbsp of oil, and coat it well.
2. Add chicken tenders allow them to cook 4 minutes each side. Just browning, don’t burn them otherwise it will loosen their juices, now take out the chicken.
3. Deglaze the pan with 1 tsp of vinegar and add then 2 tbsp of oil again.
4. Now add the ginger garlic paste, onions, bell peppers, cabbage.
5. Satay them on medium heat. In the mean time in a bowl whisk peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
6. When the vegetables are cooked add back the chicken.
7. Now add the peanut butter sauce you prepared. Let it simmer for 5 minutes till sauce is reduced.
8. Add red chili to the cooked chicken and stir.
9. Serve hot with steamed rice. Eat with chopsticks, you will love it.