Traditional Daal recipe is spicy and tangy.
1. 1 cup of soaked tuar / arhaar daal
2. ½ tsp f turmeric powder
3. 2 tbsp of tamarind pulp
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 tsp of cumin seeds
6. 1 tsp of dried Red chili
7. 4 chopped finely garlic cloves
8. A pinch of Asafetida
9. 1 cup of milk
10. 2 tbsp of Oil
11. Cilantro / dhaniya leaves for garnishing
1. In a non stick deep pan add two cups of water.
2. Now add soaked daal to it.
3. Add milk and green chili and stir.
4. Bring the daal to boil.
5. Now reduce the heat and add tamarind pulp and turmeric powder.
6. Cook on simmer and meanwhile in a non stick pan prepare the tadka.
7. Heat oil and add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
8. Now add dry red chili and chopped garlic and reduce heat.
9. Add asafetida powder and salt.
10. Pour the cooked daal in a serving bowl.
11. Mix in the tadka and chopped dhaniya leaves to daal and stir.
Serve hot with roti or steamed rice.