1. 2 Chicken breasts skinless shredded / chopped in bite size pieces
2. 1 big onion chopped finely vertically
3. 2 cloves of garlic minced
4. 2 tbsp of grated ginger
5. 1 green chili finely chopped without seeds
6. 1 cup of mixed bell pepper sliced vertically( red, green, yellow, orange)
7. 2 cups of boiled basmati rice
8. 4-5 tbsp of butter
9. 1 tbsp of olive oil
10. 2 tbsp of tomato puree
11. Salt to taste
12. 2 tsp of (mild one) curry powder or use mixture of 2 tsp turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder.
13. 1 cup of water
1. Heat the Oil in non stick pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsp of butter. This will prevent butter to burn.
2. Add the chopped onions, garlic and chili when the oil and butter is hot. Fry till the onions turn golden brown but do not burn.
3. Now add curry powder and stir.
4. Now add tomato puree and salt to taste and let it cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the chopped chicken to the pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes till chicken is almost cooked. Be careful it does not stick to the pan.
6. Now add water to the pan and turn down the heat.
7. Put the lid on and let the chicken cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Now add bell peppers and stir in and close the lid again and let it cook until bell peppers turn little soft.
9. Now add grated ginger and turn off the gas. Close the lid and set it to other side.
10. In the mean while add 2 tbsp of butter in another non stick pan on low heat. When the butter turns liquid and little hot add the boiled basmati rice without water.
11. Turn off the gas and remove from heat and stir with fork so that rice does not break.
12. Transfer the rice into bowl and push it down. Now tilt the bowl carefully in the middle of tray and spread the cooked chicken jalfrezi around the rice and serve hot.
13. Garnish with spring onions chopped.