Ghiya ki sabzi is healthy dish which children will love. It’s so healthy. Ghiya has some amounts of Vitamins C and B complex and also a few protein varieties which you always want your children to have.
1. 1 medium size chopped in cubes Ghiya/Lauki/ bottle gourd/Doodhi
2. 1 Onion Chopped
3. 1 tsp. of Jeera/Cumin seeds
4. 1 tsp. ginger (minced)
5. 1 small can of diced tomatoes and 1 tsp. of tomato sauce or paste
6. 1 tsp. of Red Chili powder
7. 1 tsp. of Turmeric powder/haldi
8. 1 tsp. of corriander powder/dhaniya powder
9. Salt to taste
10. ½ cup of chopped Cilantro/Dhaniya leaves
11. Veg Oil
1. Take non stick pan and add 3 tsp. of Veg Oil.
2. Add cumin seeds.
3. When cumin seeds splutter add onions and ginger.
4. When onion turns golden brown add chopped ghiya and put the lid on for for atleast 5
5. When Ghiya turn little bit softens add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
6. Add chili, turmeric and coriander powder.
7. Stir by adding 1 cup of water and simmer it for five more minutes.
8. Now add Salt.
9. Let Ghiya to cook for five minutes.
10. Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve with Hot Roti’s or Parantha.