1. 300 gms Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese
2. 3 medium tomatoes or two small diced tomato can
3. 1 cup tomato ketchup
4. 2 big onions puree
5. 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
6. 3 tbsp butter
7. 3 tbsp fresh cream
8. Salt to taste
9. 1 tsp red chilli powder
10. 3 tbsp cashewnut paste
11. ½ tsp turmeric powder
12. 1 tsp dhania / corriander powder
13. ½ tsp kasuri methi / fenugreek
14. 2 tsp garam masala powder
15. 1 bay leaf dry or fresh
16. 2 cloves
17. 1 tsp of vegetable oil
1. Puree the Tomatoes in a blender and cut the paneer in triangle pieces.
2. In a non stick pan heat the vegetable oil with butter. (If you will heat the butter alone it tends to burn soon).
3. Add the bay leaf and cloves.
4. When they change little color add ginger garlic paste. Let the garlic cook for two minutes.
5. Add Onion paste and sauté till light brown.
6. Add salt and chili powder.
7. Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup, crushed kasuri methi, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala.
8. Now add the cashew paste and fry for two minutes.
9. Add a small cup of water and let it cook on medium heat till you get the desired curry consistency.
10. Stir and let it simmer for some time with closed lid.
11. Add the paneer and simmer for 2-4 minutes on low heat.
12. Garnish with fresh cream.
13. Serve the Butter Paneer Masala with Naan (Indian flat bread) or zeera / steamed rice.Tip of the Day :-
To puree the onions for tadka, Skin the onions and blanch them in hot water for 3 - 4 mins then puree them to form a paste.-Chitra