Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tip of the Day

One little secret which I normally do every week which saves lot of time for weeknights dinner or lunch. As we both are working we hardly have so much time and energy on weeknights to cook everything from scratch.

So we buy groceries on Saturday evening. I usually make the tadka or mixture ready in my refrigerator for week.

Blend onions, tomatoes and ginger in a mixer. Cook them with 2-3 tbsp of oil and add salt and red chili powder. After cooling down the mixture, store in zip lock box in you refrigerator.

Same with Vegetables.  If I know I will be cooking cauliflower, capsicum, beans or cabbage on weeknights. I cut them before hand and freeze them in zip lock bags. So whenever I want to cook I just defrost them and cook.

It saves lot of time and within no time I have my meals ready.

Enjoy your weeknights now.

No comments: