Shish taouk (Arabic,Turkish), is a traditional Arabic and Turkish shish kebab, which can also be found in Syrian, Iraqi and Lebanese cuisines, but is made in kabab houses in many cities around the world.
Cubes of chicken are skewered and grilled. Common marinades are based upon yogurt or a tomato puree, though there are many variations. Shish taouk is typically eaten with garlic paste.
1. 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts cubed
2. ½ cup of yogurt
3. ¼ cup vinegar
4. ½ cup fresh lemon juice
5. 1½ tbsp ketchup
6. ¼ cup olive oil
7. 1 tsp garlic powder
8. 1 tsp paprika powder
9. 1 tsp onion powder
10. ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder (to taste)
11. Salt to taste
12. ½ tsp. mixed Arabic spices or all spices.
13. ½ tbsp of dried thyme
14. 2 diced onions
15. 1 yellow bell pepper diced in cubes
16. 1 red bell pepper diced in cubes
17. 1 green bell pepper diced in cubes
1. 4 cloves garlic
2. juice of ½ lemon
3. 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
4. 1 tbsp of olive oil
5. 1 small potato boiled and peeled
For Garlic Sauce
Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix until light and creamy and Refrigerate.
1. Mix yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, ketchup, oil and all spices together in a bowl.
2. Add chicken and marinate for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Put chicken and bell peppers, onions on skewers and cook over hot grill until done.
4. Serve with Arabic /pita bread or Rice and garlic sauce.