Do you often think what should you do with your left over daal. This is what you are looking for. Try it, you can choose any daal, I had one cup of arhaar / tuar daal which I made last night with me. So here it is recipe of Daal Parantha and within some time my breakfast was ready. Everybody loved it:)
1. 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
2. 1 cup of left over daal
3. 1 tbsp of curd / dahi
4. 1 big onion chopped finely
5. 2 green chilies chopped finely
6. 2 tbsp of coriander / cilantro / dhaniya leaves
7. 1 tsp of dried mint leaves
8. Salt and Red chili powder to taste
1. Mix flour with all ingredients one by one, except oil in a bowl.
2. Make tight dough mixed with all ingredients, like you usually make for paranthas.
3. Now make 7-8 balls with little oil in your hands. Flatten each bowl with help of dry flour.
4. Put one tsp of oil and spread all over. Now again make them into balls.
5. Roll them and make them into circular paranthas.
6. Heat the tawa or flat pan on high heat.
7. When pan is ready put the parantha on the pan. Cook it slightly on one side and then toss on other side.
8. Put 1 tsp. of oil on each side now and cook on both sides with help of flat spatulas.
9. Serve the hot daal paranthas with any kind of pickle or (Pickled Vegetables ) or chutney of your choice or raita of you choice.I have some of the recipes for Raita and Chutney if you want to try it.